We are a vibrant Christian church that believes in the power of God and His ability to change a life.
We Believe That…
The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
There is One God, expressed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
In the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
That everyone is separated from God at birth because of sin, and that only Jesus can save us.
That faith in Jesus, repentance and turning away from our sins is what makes us Christians, and that Christ’s blood is the ONLY thing that saves us.
That all believers are commanded by God to be water baptized.
In the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit gives us gifts to live the victorious Christian life.
That the power of God includes the power to heal, and that power is available to us because of Jesus.
That being a Christian means living a life that is different from the rest of the world, devoted to the things of God.
That Jesus Christ is the head of the church.
Detailed Statement of Faith
We believe the Holy Spirit is manifested through a variety of spiritual gifts to build and sanctify the Church, demonstrate the validity of the resurrection and confirm the power of the Gospel. The lists of these gifts in the Bible are not necessarily exhaustive and the gifts may occur in various combinations. All believers are exhorted to earnestly desire the spiritual gifts. These gifts always operate in harmony with the Scriptures and should never be used in violation of biblical parameters (Romans 1:11, 12:4-8; I Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-40; Ephesians 4:16; I Timothy 4:14; II Timothy 1:5-6; Hebrews 2:4; I Peter 4:10).
- Teaching and preaching of the Bible (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Prayer (Philippians 4:6; Colossians 4:2)
- Worship (Ephesians 5:18-19; Psalm 150; Acts 24:14)
- Communion (I Corinthians 11:26-34)
- Giving of tithes & offerings (Genesis 14:18-20, 28:20-22; Leviticus 2:3;
II Chronicles 31:4-6; Numbers 18:21a; Deuteronomy 14:22-29, 26:12-13;
Proverbs 11:24-25, 19:17; Malachi 3:8-10; Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42; I Corinthians 16:2;
II Corinthians 8:7, 9:6-9)
- Water baptism (Matthew 28:19)
- Footwashing (John 13:14-15)
- Marriage between one man and one woman (Hebrews 13:4; Ephesians 5:22-23;
Genesis 2:24; Romans. 7:2; I Corinthians 7:10-11)
This includes all forms of:
- Church educational ministries (Acts 5:42, 10:42; Proverbs 22:6)
- Biblical counseling (Proverbs 11:14, 15:22)
- Evangelism and ministry outreaches (Mark 16:15)
- Prayer and healing ministries (I Thessalonians 5:23)
- Church discipline (Matthew 18:15-18)
- Citizenship (Romans 13:1-3)
- Recreation (I Timothy 4:8)
- Charity (Matthew 25:34-36; James 1:27)
…and all other aspects of obedience to the Holy Scriptures as integral, inseparable, and indistinguishable ministries of the Church.
This may include any aspect of service to our God or to people of any age or need within or without this Congregation which ministers to the spirit, soul, or body of those people (Proverbs 22:6; Mark 10:14; James 1:27; I Timothy 5:3-9; I Thessalonians 5:23).
Any omissions from this Statement of Faith should not be considered as an indication of denial of those propositions, such as, the special creation of the universe by God, the literal historicity of the Genesis record, etc.
“To make devoted followers of Jesus, in community, empowered by the Holy Spirit.”